อาคารเก้าห้อง

อาคารเก้าห้อง

ที่ตั้ง เลขที่ 82,84,86,88,90,92,94,96 และ 98 ถนนพระอาทิตย์ แขวงวัดชนะสงคราม เขตพระนคร กรุงเทพมหานคร

สถาปนิก / ผู้ออกแบบไม่ปรากฏชื่อ  ผู้ออกแบบอนุรักษ์ สำนักงานทรัพย์สินส่วนพระมหากษัตริย์

ผู้ครอบครอง สำนักงานทรัพย์สินส่วนพระมหากษัตริย์ 

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2490  

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2551 

ประวัติ 

อาคารเก้าห้อง ตั้งอยู่บริเวณถนนพระอาทิตย์ บริเวณปากซอยชนะสงคราม สร้างขึ้นสมัยพระบาทสมเด็จพระปกเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว รัชกาลที่ 7 โดยเริ่มแรกก่อนที่จะมีการก่อสร้างอาคารนั้น เดิมเป็นที่ดินของพระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฎเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัวรัชกาลที่ 6 ซึ่งได้มาโดยการรับซื้อจากเจ้านายในสมัยนั้น ต่อมาเมื่อปี พ.ศ. 2483 ที่ดินและสิ่งปลูกสร้าง ในบริเวณนี้ได้ถูกระเบิดและเพลิงไหม้และถูกปล่อยให้รกร้าง จนกระทั่งปี พ.ศ. 2490 สำนักงานทรัพย์สินส่วนพระมหากษัตริย์เห็นว่าที่อยู่อาศัยหายาก ประชาชนได้รับความเดือดร้อน จึงเห็นควรให้สร้างตึกแถว จำนวน 9 ห้องขึ้นเพื่อใช้ในการอยู่อาศัยและพาณิชยกรรม 

อาคารเก้าห้อง เป็นอาคารก่ออิฐถือปูนสองชั้น ผนังภายนอกฉาบเรียบ หลังคาทรงจั่ว มุงกระเบื้องว่าว มีผนังกันไฟก่อจากผนังขึ้นเป็นสันหลังคาเป็นช่วงๆ ละ 3 คูหา ด้านหน้าอาคารมีกันสาดคอนกรีตเสริมเหล็กคลุมทางเท้าตลอดแนวอาคาร หน้าต่างชั้นบนของแต่ละคูหาเป็นหน้าต่างชนิดบานเปิดและบานกระทุ้ง ลายลูกฟักไม้กระดานดุน ส่วนประตูด้านหน้าอาคารเป็นประตูบานเฟี้ยม ถือเป็นรูปแบบสถาปัตยกรรมแบบโมเดิร์นในยุคแรกๆ 

สำนักงานทรัพย์สินส่วนพระมหากษัตริย์ได้เข้ามาบูรณะปรับปรุงพร้อมทั้งอนุรักษ์โครงสร้างเดิมเอาไว้ เนื่องจากตัวอาคารมีอายุมากกว่า 60 ปี ทำให้อาคารเสื่อมโทรมไปตามกาลเวลา ประกอบกับตัวอาคารเดิมมีขนาดเล็ก ทำให้ผู้เช่าส่วนใหญ่ต่อเติมตัวอาคารไปในลักษณะต่างๆ เพื่อประโยชน์ในการค้าและการอยู่อาศัย จึงเกิดปัญหาและผลกระทบต่อโครงสร้างหลักของอาคาร หากปล่อยทิ้งไว้อาจเกิดปัญหาเรื่องความปลอดภัย รวมทั้งรูปแบบอาคารที่ต่อเติมขาดความเป็นระเบียบเรียบร้อย ทำให้อาคารไม่สวยงาม โดยเริ่มดำเนินงานมาตั้งแต่กลางปี พ.ศ. 2546 บูรณะแล้วเสร็จในเดือนมกราคม พ.ศ. 2550  

 

The Nine-Roomed Row Building 

Location 82, 84, 86, 88, 90, 92, 94, 96 and 98 Phra Athit Road, Khwaeng Wat Chanasongkram, Khet Phra Nakon, Bangkok 

Architect / Designer not find name Conservation Designer The Crown Property Bureau 

Proprietor The Crown Property Bureau 

Date of Construction 1947  

Conservation Awarded 2008 

History 

The nine-roomed row building on Phra Athit Road (Soi Chanasongkram) is regarded as one of the most eccentric old buildings as it stands out from other buildings on the road. Its land was formerly owned by King Rama VI but the construction was started in the reign of King Rama VII. In 1940, all properties in this area had been damaged from explosions and abandoned by residents. Therefore, the Crown Property Bureau initiated the construction of the nine-roomed row building, for residential and commercial purposes, in order to relieve the difficulties of local people. 

This row building is 2-storey, consisting of 9 rooms whose size is 4 x 7 metres each. Its roof was covered with kite shaped concrete roof tiles. Each room has a balcony projecting from the front of the building and serving various functions depending on each renter’s purpose. It also features fireproof walls ascended to the roof ridge, and folded front doors representing Modernist architect which could hardly be seen at present. 

The building has been attentively renovated by the Crown Property Bureau while its original structure has still remained. Since the building is above 60 years old, it became dilapidated. In addition, most of the renters extended some parts to serve as accommodations and business areas. The building’s structure; as a result, was critically affected which possibly leads to instability. Besides the overall scenery was destroyed due to those disorderly extensions by residents. The restoration project began in 2003 and completed in January 2007.