ห้างทองตั้งโต๊ะกัง

ห้างทองตั้งโต๊ะกัง

ที่ตั้ง 345 ซอยวาณิช 1 ถนนมังกร เขตสัมพันธ์วงศ์ กรุงเทพฯ 

สถาปนิก/ผู้ออกแบบ - 

ผู้ครอบครอง สำนักงานทรัพย์สินส่วนพระมหากษัตริย์ 

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2464 

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2543 

ประวัติ 

ห้างทองตั้งโต๊ะกัง เป็นอาคารพานิชย์เก่าแก่ในย่านสำเพ็ง รูปแบบสถาปัตยกรรมได้รับอิทธิพลตะวันตกแบบคลาสสิคในยุคหลัง ออกแบบโดยช่างชาวดัทช์ ตัวอาคารสูง 7 ชั้น ก่อสร้างขึ้นในรัชสมัยพระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฏเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว ตกแต่งด้วยปูนปั้น หน้าต่างและช่องแสงเป็นกระจกสี ซึ่งให้แสงส่งเสริมบรรยากาศภายในให้ดูหรูหราและสวยงามมาก 

ห้องทองตั้งโต๊ะกังก่อตั้งขึ้นโดยนายโต๊ะกัง แซ่ตั้ง ราวสมัยรัชกาลที่ 5 ต่อมาบุตรชายคือนายเกษม ตันติกาญจน์ เป็นผู้สืบทอดกิจการและได้จดทะเบียนการค้าใน พ.ศ.2457 ร้านทองดั้งเดิมเป็นอาคารไม้ 2 ชั้น ต่อมากิจการเจริญรุ่งเรืองมาเป็นลำดับจนได้รับพระราชทานตราครุฑใน พ.ศ. 2464 สมัยรัชกาลที่ 6 คุณเกษมถือโอกาสอันดีที่จะสร้างอาคารใหม่ให้มีความสง่างามถาวร จึงได้มอบหมายให้ช่างชาวฮอลันดาออกแบบอาคาร ก่อสร้างโดยช่างชาวจีนในปี 2464 และได้ใช้ดำเนินกิจการมาตลอด

ในปี พ.ศ. 2543 สมเด็จพระเทพรัตนราชสุดาฯ สยามบรมราชกุมารีได้เสด็จประพาสเยาวราชและทรงเยี่ยมชมกิจการของห้างทองตั้งโต๊ะกัง จากนั้นครอบครัวตันติกาญจน์จึงดำริให้มีการบูรณะใหญ่โดยกรมศิลปากรเป็นผู้ออกแบบบูรณะและพยายามอนุรักษ์รูปแบบดั้งเดิมของอาคารไว้ให้มากที่สุดการบูรณะดังกล่าวแล้วเสร็จเมื่อต้นปี 2545 ในอนาคตทางห้างมีโครงการจะจัดให้ชั้น 3 และชั้น 6 เป็นพิพิธภัณฑ์จัดแสดงประวัติของห้างและเรื่องราวความรู้ต่างๆ ด้านการทำทอง

 

Tang Toh Kang Gold Shop 

Location 345 Soi Wanit 1, Mangkon Road, Khet Samphanthawong, Bangkok 

Architect/Designer Unknown 

Proprietor Crown Property Bureau 

Date of Construction 1921 AD. 

Conservation Awarded 2000 AD. 

History 

Tang Toh Kang Gold Shop, the oldest gold dealer, is situated in Sampheng commercial area. The architecture is influenced by late Classical style, designed by a Dutch architect and built in the reign of King Rama VI. It is 7-storey, beautifully decorated with stuccos and coloured glass window panes, which creates a very luxurious and special atmosphere to the building and the interior. 

The business was founded in the reign of King Rama VI by Mr. Tang Toh Kang, and was succeeded by his son, Mr. Kasem Tantikan, who had the Tang Toh Kang brand name registered in 1914. The first shop was a 2-storey wooden building. Through time, the business has developed successfully until it received the symbol of Royal Consent, the Garuda, by King Rama VI in 1921. For the auspicious occasion, Mr. Kasem decided to build a new shop and commissioned a Dutch architect on the design work. Construction began in 1921 and the building has been used until today. 

In 200, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirinhorn visited Yaowarat Road, and paid a visit to Tang Toh Kang Gold Shop. Later, the Tantikan family had a major restoration carried out under supervision of the Fine Arts Department. The restoration was complered in early 2002, and, in the future the shop plans to adapt some parts of the building as a museum to exhibit the history of the shop and information on gold working.