บ้านเลขที่ 19 ถนนสาทรใต้

บ้านเลขที่ 19 ถนนสาทรใต้

ที่ตั้ง เลขที่ 19 ถนนสาทรใต้ แขวงทุ่งมหาเมฆ เขตสาทร กรุงเทพมหานคร

ผู้ครอบครอง จิตต์ – อรวรรณ จัยวัฒน์  

ปีที่สร้าง ประมาณ พ.ศ. 2484  

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2550 

ประวัติ 

บ้านเลขที่ 19 ถนนสาทรใต้ไม่ปรากฏประวัติการก่อสร้าง แต่ทราบว่า เดิมในพื้นที่ใกล้เคียง มีการปลูกบ้านแบบเดียวกัน 4 หลัง ด้านหน้าติดถนน 2 หลัง ด้านหลัง 2 หลัง แต่ปัจจุบันเหลืออยู่เพียงหลังเดียว บ้านหลังอื่นถูกรื้อสร้างเป็นอาคารสูงทั้งหมด(บริเวณอาคารไทยวาในปัจจุบัน) ตามหลักฐานในโฉนดที่ดินเลขที่ 5029 เล่มที่ 51 หน้า 29 ออกเมื่อวันที่ 26 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2484 ผู้ที่เป็นเจ้าของที่ดินคนแรกตามชื่อในโฉนด คือ นางสาวศรีตัน บุตรสาวของนายตันและนางเซียม เซียวกง ต่อมาบิดามารดา ของเจ้าของบ้านในปัจจุบัน คือ นายเชาวน์และนางประภา จัยวัฒน์ ได้ซื้อบ้านหลังนี้มาจากนางศรี อุณห์ศิริ เมื่อวันที่ 29 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2488 หลังจากนั้น นายจิตต์ จัยวัฒน์ได้รับมรดกเป็นบ้านหลังนี้จากคุณพ่อที่เสียชีวิตไป เมื่อวันที่ 14 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2518 และได้อยู่อาศัยในบ้านนี้มาตลอด มีการซ่อมแซมมาเป็นลำดับ จนกระทั่งมีการซ่อมใหญ่และทาสีใหม่ทั้งหลังในปี พ.ศ. 2549 โดยนายช่างชื่อ นายบุ้น แซ่ตั้ง 

บ้านเลขที่ 19 เป็นบ้านไม้แบบโคโลเนียล 2 ชั้น หลังคาหลักของบ้านเป็นหลังคาปั้นหยา มุงด้วยกระเบื้องซีเมนต์ ด้านหน้า มีมุขทางเข้า หลังคามุขทางเข้าเป็นหลังคาปั้นหยาหัวตัด การตกแต่งอาคารเป็นแบบเรียบง่าย เน้นความโปร่งสบาย เพดานสูงบันไดและพื้นภายในเป็นไม้ ตัวบ้านและบริเวณได้รับการดูแลรักษามาโดยตลอด ประกอบกับความเขียวขจีและร่มรื่นของสนามหญ้าและต้นไม้ใหญ่ ทำให้บ้านมีความสวยงามน่าอยู่อาศัย

ด้วยความใส่ใจของเจ้าของบ้านที่ได้อนุรักษ์บ้านหลังนี้ไว้เป็นอย่างดี ทำให้บ้านเก่าแก่ที่มีคุณค่าบนถนนสาทรใต้หลังนี้ ยังคงความสง่างามและดำรงอยู่อย่างภาคภูมิมาจนปัจจุบัน 

 

House No. 19, South Sathon Road 

Location 19 South Sathon Road, Khwaeng Thung Maha Mek, Khet Sathon, Bangkok 

Proprietor Chit – Orawan Chaiwat 

Date of Construction 1941 

Conservation Awarded 2007 

History 

House No.19, South Sathon Road is a 2-storey wooden house of Colonial style, hipped roof with a hipped gable entrance portico. The décor is simple, emphasizing on openness and comfort with high ceilings, wooden stairs and floors. The well-maintained house and landscape, complemented by lush and green atmosphere, enhance the beauty and liveliness of the place which has existed more than 60 years in the course of time. 

The history of construction is unknown; however, it is told that in this area, there were 4 buildings of the same design including no.19. Two of them were located in the front area adjacent to the road, while the other 2 houses were located at the rear. Presentlt, only one house remains whereas others were demolished to make room for high rise buildings (Thai Wah Tower). Parents of the present owner, Mr. Chao and Mrs. Prapha Chaiwat, bought the house from Mrs. Si Unsiri on 29thMarch, 1945. 

From the Property Certificate No.5029 issued on 16thNovember, 1941, the first owner specified in the document was Miss Sitan, daughter of Mr. Tan and Mrs. Siam Siao Kong. 

On 14th July 1975, Mr. Chit Chaiwat inherited the house from his father who passed away. Khun Chit andfamily lived in the house and maintained the house by general repairs until 2006 when the owner had a major restoration and repaint carried out by Mr. Bun Sae Tang, contractor. The care and attention of the owner has made the house exist in pride and dignity to this day.