วัดศรีหลวงแจ้ซ้อน

วัดศรีหลวงแจ้ซ้อน

ที่ตั้ง หมู่ที่ 5 ตำบลแจ้ซ้อน อำเภอเมืองปาน จังหวัดลำปาง

สถาปนิก/ผู้ออกแบบ ครูบาเจ้าอสิงวิตั๊ก

ผู้ครอบครอง วัดศรีหลวงแจ้ซ้อน

ปีที่สร้าง ตำนานท้องถิ่นเชื่อว่าสร้างขึ้นเมื่อปี พ.ศ. 1250

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2553

ประวัติ

วัดศรีหลวงแจ้ซ้อนเป็นวัดเก่าแก่ ไม่ปรากฏหลักฐานการสร้างที่แน่ชัดแต่สันนิษฐานว่าน่าจะมีอายุร่วมสมัยกับวัดหนองบัว และวัดภูมินทร์ เพราะรูปทรงอาคารมีลักษณะคล้ายคลึงกัน ตำนานท้องถิ่นเชื่อว่าสร้างขึ้นวัดศรีหลวงแจ้ซ้อนสร้างขึ้น ในปี พ.ศ.1250 ตามตำนานเล่ากันว่า ครูบาเจ้าวจิระปัญญาร่วมกับแสนเมืองลือโลก และชาวบ้านได้เดินทางไปขออนุญาตจากเจ้าเมืองละกอนเพื่อสร้างวิหารมีครูบาเจ้าอสิงวิตั๊ก วัดพระยืน จังหวัดลำพูนเป็นผู้วางแบบ และครูบายาวิชัยเป็นช่างก่อสร้าง เมื่อแรกสร้างมีชื่อวัดว่า วัดป่าไผ่

วัดศรีหลวงแจ้ซ้อนได้รับการบูรณปฏิสังขรณ์ครั้งล่าสุดเมื่อปี พ.ศ. 2509 วิหารมีลักษณะศิลปกรรมแบบล้านนาผสมพม่าเดิมเป็นวิหารโถง ต่อมาได้ก่อผนังอิฐขึ้นและใส่ปล่องหน้าต่าง บริเวณบันไดทางขึ้นวิหารมีประติมากรรมปูนปั้นรูปสัตว์ในนิยายหลังคาเป็นแบบล้านนาลดหลั่นลงมา 3 ชั้น หน้าบันเป็นแบบหนีบหรือแบบแหนบสลักไม้ ประดับลวดลายพรรณพฤกษามุงกระเบื้องแป้นเกล็ด เครื่องลำยอง คันทวยสลักไม้ลวดลายสวยงามฝีมือช่างท้องถิ่น ภายในวิหารประดิษฐานพระพุทธรูปประธานศิลปะเชียงแสน และธรรมาสน์ไม้สักเก่าแก่อายุร้อยกว่าปี ด้านหลังวิหารประดิษฐานเจดีย์ทรงระฆังแบบแบบล้านนาหุ้มด้วยทองจังโก

Wat Sri Luang Chae Sorn Location Mu 5, Tambon Chae Sorn, Amphoe Mueang Pan, Lampang Province

Architect / Designer Kruba Chao Asingwitak

Proprietor Wat Sri Luang Chae Sorn

Date of Construction Around 707

Conservation Awarded 2010

History

Wat Sri Luang Chae Sorn is an ancient temple. The date in which the temple was constructedis unknown but from its likely style this temple is assumed to be within the same age as Wat Nong Bua and Wat Pumin. From the local legend, it has believes that Wat Sri Luang Chae Sorn was built in 707. Legend also told that Kruba Chao Wajirapanya, together with San Muang Lue Lok, and villagers visited the chief of Lagon town and asked for the permission to build a Vihara(The Assembly Hall). Kruba Chao Asingwitak, of Wat Pra Yun temple in Lamphun province, had designed the temple, while Kru Bayawichai built it.

The latest restoration of the temple took place in 1966. The Vihara of Wat Sri Luang has built in a mixture of Lanna and Burmese architectural style. In the past, the Vihara was an open building without any walls, but later brick walls and windows were added on. Around the entrance staircase of the Vihara stand stucco sculptures of mythological animals. It’s roof is in 3 tiered Lanna style and it’s gables (nhib style) are decorated with floral motifs. The traditional roof adornment (Krung Lamyong) and wooden corbel are beautifully carved wood in the local crafting style. Inside of the Vihara stands the principal Buddha image of Chiang San art, an ancient pulpit aged over a hundred years old along side. Toward the back of the Vihara you’ll find Lanna style Chedi of brass and copper plates finishing (also called Thong Janggo).