หอไตรวัดประตูป่า

หอไตรวัดประตูป่า

ที่ตั้ง95 หมู่ที่ 4 บ้านประตูป่า ตำบลประตูป่า อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดลำพูน  

ผู้ครอบครอง วัดประตูป่า (ป่าม่วงจุมหัวเวียงหละปูน)  

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2437 

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2552 

ประวัติ 

วัดประตูป่า (ป่าม่วงจุมหัวเวียงหละปูน) สังกัดคณะสงฆ์มหานิกาย สร้างราวปี พ.ศ. 2301 โดยเจ้านายฝ่ายในนคร หริภุญชัยหรือเมืองหละปูน (ปัจจุบันคือจังหวัดลำพูน) และประชาชนได้อพยพหลบภัยจากเมืองยองในประเทศพม่า หมู่บ้านประตูป่าที่มาอยู่แถบบริเวณปากลำเหมืองไม้แดง เหนือเวียงลำพูน และสร้างวัดขึ้นมาพร้อมทั้งนิมนต์ให้ครูบาเหล็กเป็นเจ้าอาวาส ชาวบ้านได้ร่วมกันปลูกต้นมะม่วง (ซึ่งนำมาเป็นเสบียง) ไว้รอบวัดและหมู่บ้านหลายร้อยต้น เพื่อเป็นหลักฐานไว้คู่หมู่บ้าน และนำชื่อหมู่บ้านดั้งเดิมมาตั้งชื่อบ้าน ประกอบกับ ต้นมะม่วงที่ปลูกไว้เติบโตขึ้น ชาวบ้านจึงเรียกชื่อหมู่บ้านว่า บ้านประตูป่า ป่าม่วงจุมหัวเวียงหละปูน หรือป่าม่วงหลวง 

หอไตรหรือหอธรรม วัดประตูป่าสร้างขึ้นเมื่อปี พ.ศ. 2437 สมัยครูบาอริยะ เจ้าอาวาส รูปที่ 4 ตัวอาคารเป็นฝีมือชาวยองสร้างด้วยไม้สัก ยกพื้นสูงใต้ถุนโล่งชั้นเดียว ชั้นบนมีชานสามารถเดินได้รอบมีทางเข้าด้านหน้าเพียงด้านเดียว ประตูและผนังเป็นเขียนลายทองเป็นรูป นกยูง และเทวดา คันทวยแกะสลักไม้เป็น รูปสัตว์และลายพรรณพฤกษา หน้าบันแกะสลักลวดลายพรรณพฤกษา ประดับช่อเจาะวงโค้ง (แก้วอังวะ) หลังคามุงกระเบื้องดินขอมีแผ่นสังกะสีฉลุลายประดับบริเวณสันหลังคา ภายในหอธรรมมีการยกขึ้นสูงอีกชั้น ด้านในเป็นห้องเก็บหีบบรรจุคัมภีร์พระธรรม ทำจากใบลานจารึกด้วยอักษรล้านนาดั้งเดิมล้วน หีบธรรมแต่ละหีบลักษณะลวดลายแตกต่างกัน มีการเขียนลาย ดอกไม้เถาไม้ลงรักปิดทองอย่างอ่อนช้อย บางหีบมีการปั้นปูนประดับแก้วและวาดลายเป็นรูปช้าง ม้า และผึ้ง 

Ho Trai, Wat Pratu Pha 

Location 95 Mu 4, Ban Pratu Pha, Tambon Pratu Pha, Amphoe Mueang, Lamphun Province 

Proprietor Wat Pratu Pha 

Date of Construction 1894 

Conservation Awarded 2009 

History 

Wat Pratu Pha or Pha Mamuang Chum Huang Wiang Lha Poon is a temple of the Maha Nikaya sect. It was established around year 1758 by nobles from city of Nakhon Haripunchai (today is in the area of Lumphun province). People from Muang Yong in the village of Pratu Pha migrated to Pak Lum Muang Mai Daeng to the north part of Wiang Lha Poon (Lha Poon town). They built up the temple and invited Phra Kruba Lhek to be the abbot. The villagers cooperated in planting hundreds of mango trees around the temple and around their village as a food supply and as symbol of their village’s boundary. They named their village after their original village name together with the mango trees that grew around the village being called “Pratu Pha”, “Pha Muang Chum Huang Wiang Lha Poon”, or “Pha Ma Muang Luang”.  

The Tripitaka Hal (Ho Trai) or Dharma Hall of Wat Pratu Pha was built in 1894 in the period of the fourth abbot, Kruba Ariya. The hall was built by the skilled Yong people. It is a teak wood building with a high raised floor, with terrace to walk around the 2nd floor hall. This hall has only one entrancedoor. The door and walls were decorated with elaborate paintings of peacocks or devas. The wooden cornice and pediment are decorated with floral motifs and large arch glass of “Ang Wah” mirror decoration situated on the pediment. The roof of the hall is finished with terracotta tiles; the ridge of the roof is made from fleted zinc. Inside the hall, the platform is raised. The Dharma scriptures, made from palm leaves with the written texts of sermons inscribed in Lanna characters, are kept inside the hall. Each Dharma scripture case has a different decoration, for example, some have delicate floral lacquer and gilding, some have stucco moulding with glass inlaid decoration. Some of them are decorated with images of elephants, horses and bees.