หอธรรมวัดบ้านหลุก

หอธรรมวัดบ้านหลุก

ที่ตั้ง168 หมู่ 8 ตำบลเหมืองง่า อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดลำพูน 

ผู้ครอบครอง วัดบ้านหลุก 

ปีที่ก่อสร้าง พ.ศ. 2429 

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2552  

ประวัติ 

ชาวล้านนาในสมัยก่อนมีความเชื่อว่าการสร้างหอธรรมหรือหอพระไตรปิฎกนั้น เป็นการบูชาพระไตรปิฎกซึ่งถือเป็นพุทธวจนะของพระพุทธเจ้า และเมื่อพระไตรปิฎกที่ได้รับการจารอย่างถูกต้องแล้ว จะเป็นของสูงค่าและมีคุณค่าศักดิ์สิทธิ์ จำเป็นต้องเก็บไว้ในที่สูง และต้องสร้างแยกออกมาจากอาคารกลุ่มอื่นๆ 

หอธรรมวัดบ้านหลุก สร้างขึ้นเมื่อ พ.ศ. 2429 โดยมีครูบาปัญญา เป็นประธานในการก่อสร้าง ลักษณะเป็นอาคาร 2 ชั้น มีผังเป็นรูปสี่เหลี่ยมผืนผ้า มีใต้ถุนสูง การเข้าไปยังห้องเก็บพระไตรปิฎกจะต้องใช้บันไดปีนพาดขึ้น จึงไม่ปรากฏว่ามีการสร้างบันได ภายนอกอาคารประดับประติมากรรมแกะสลักไม้เป็นรูปท้าวจตุโลกบาลอยู่ทั้ง 4 มุมอาคาร ซึ่งเป็นคติความเชื่อและแนวคิดของการสร้างหอธรรม หลังคามุงกระเบื้องที่เชิงชายประดับแป้นน้ำย้อย ที่สันหลังคาประดับนกหัสดีลิงค์แกะไม้ประดับกระจกจืน หน้าบันแกะสลักไม้และประดับกระจกจืน เช่นกัน ป้านลม ช่อฟ้าทำจากไม้บุด้วยทองเหลืองซึ่งเป็นลักษณะเฉพาะที่พบในศิลปะแถบลุ่มน้ำปิง (เชียงใหม่ - ลำพูน) หน้าต่างใช้การเขียนลายบนชาด เป็นลายเทวดาเดินประทักษิณ 

ภายในหอหอธรรมชั้นบนมีหีบธรรมบรรจุพระไตรปิฎกแบบใบลานซึ่งนับเป็นหีบธรรมโบราณที่เหลืออยู่ในสภาพที่สมบูรณ์ที่สุด และปั้บ (สมุดไทยกระดาษสา) ชั้นล่างเป็นประดิษฐานพระพุทธรูป และเก็บรักษาโบราณวัตถุอื่นๆ ของวัด 

ด้วยลักษณะทางสถาปัตยกรรมที่งดงามและมีเอกลักษณ์อันเฉพาะของหอธรรมวัดบ้านหลุก เทศบาลตำบลเหมืองง่าจึงร่วมกับทางวัดบ้านบ้านหลุก ทำการจัดแสดงนิทรรศการเพื่อให้ความรู้ เผยแพร่ประวัติความเป็นมา ความเชื่อของหอธรรมในล้านนาและหอธรรมวัดบ้านหลุก ให้นักเรียนและประชาชนได้ใช้เป็นแหล่งศึกษาค้นคว้าประวัติศาสตร์ของท้องถิ่นต่อไป  

The Dharma Chamber of Ban Loog 

Location 163 Mu 8, Tambon Muang Nga, Amphoe Mueang, Lumphoon Province  

Proprietor Wat Ban Loog  

Date of Construction 1886 

Conservation Awarded 2009

History 

In the past, the Lanna people believed that the building of a Dharma Hall or a Tripitaka Hall is a way to worship the Tripitaka, which is regarded as the Lord Buddha’s own words. The Tripitaka which has been properly recorded will be valued and sacred. Therefore, it needs to be kept in high places and has to be separated from other buildings. 

The Dharma Hall of Ban Loog Temple was built in 1886, with Guru Bahpunya, as the construction director. The Tripitaka Hall was built as a rectangular shape building with raised floor. In order to enter inside of the Tripitaka room, a ladder has to be leaned up to climb in, which is the reason why there are no stairs to be found. 

The outside of the building is decorated with four wooden carved sculptures of the Chatulokkaban (the Four Guardians of the world according to Buddhist belief) at four point of each side, symbolizing the principles, belief and idea of the Dharma Hall construction.  

The finished roof tiles are decorated with water boards with water drop prevention groove. The roof ridges are embellished with wooden carved Hassadeeling birds inlaid with Chinese glass. There are also wooden carved sculptures decorated with Chinese glass on the front pediment. The gable and its apex are wooden carved inlaid with brass, which is special art style around the area of Ping River (Chiang Mai – Lampoon). The windows have paintings of angels. Inside the Dharma Hall, situated a Dharma case containing the Tripitaka scripture made of palm leaves, which is considered to be the most complete Dharma case. 

Because of the beauty and unique architecture characteristic of Ban Loogs’ Dharma Hall, Muang Nga municipality together with Ban Loog temple has decided to display an exhibition to give out more knowledge to students and public for more understanding of its local history and the Lanna beliefs.