หอธรรมวัดดงฤๅษี

หอธรรมวัดดงฤๅษี

ที่ตั้ง ตำบลบ้านโฮ่ง อำเภอบ้านโฮ่ง จังหวัดลำพูน 

สถาปนิกผู้ออกแบบ พ่อหนานปัน ไชยชมภู 

ผู้ครอบครอง วัดดงฤๅษี 

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2470 

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2552 

ประวัติ 

วัดดงฤๅษี เป็นวัดที่เก่าแก่ของ อำเภอบ้านโฮ่ง ตามตำนานวัดเล่าสืบทอดมาว่ามีลูกเศรษฐี 2 คน หนีบิดามาบวชเป็นฤๅษีและบำเพ็ญพรต เมื่อทั้งสองถึงแก่กรรม บิดาจึงบริจาคทรัพย์สมบัติเพื่อสร้างวัดขึ้นบริเวณนี้เพื่ออุทิศส่วนกุศลให้แก่ฤๅษีทั้ง 2 และได้สร้างรูปปั้นฤๅษีไว้ ซึ่งปัจจุบันประดิษฐานอยู่ภายในบริเวณวัด 

หอธรรมหรือหอพระไตรปิฎกวัดดงฤๅษี สร้างขึ้นในปี พ.ศ. 2470 โดยมีพระครูปัน โพธิโก พร้อมด้วยศิษยานุศิษย์ร่วมกันสร้างหอธรรมขึ้นโดยมีพ่อหนานปัน ไชยชมภู เป็นนายช่างก่อสร้าง เป็นอาคารไม้สักทอง ชั้นเดียวมีใต้ถุนสูง ชั้นบนเป็นชานที่สามารถเดินได้โดยรอบตัวอาคารที่พนักระเบียงแกะไม้ลวดลายงดงามอ่อนช้อย ภายในห้องเก็บพระคัมภีร์มีทางเข้าด้านหน้าและด้านหลัง เพดานมีภาพเขียนสีรูปดาวเพดานซึ่งอยู่ในสภาพค่อนข้างชำรุด หน้าบันเป็นไม้แกะสลักลวดลายพรรณพฤกษาประดับกระจกจืน วัตถุประสงค์ในการก่อสร้างคือ เพื่อใช้ประโยชน์ในการเก็บรักษาพระคัมภีร์ ชาดก และเรื่องต่างๆ ในพระพุทธศาสนา ซึ่งคนโบราณเชื่อว่าคัมภีร์พระธรรมเป็นของสูงควรค่าแก่การเคารพกราบไหว้บูชาจึงควรเก็บไว้ในที่สูง และต้องสร้างแยกออกมาจากอาคารกลุ่มอื่นๆ 

Dharma Chamber at Wat Dong Ruesi 

Location Tambon Ban Hong, Amphoe Bang Hong, Lumphun Province 

Architect / Designer Pho Nhanphan Chaiyachompu 

Proprietor Wat Dong Ruesi 

Date of Construction 1927 

Conservation Awarded 2009 

History 

Wat Dong Ruesi is an old temple situated in Amphoe Ban Hong. According to legend there were two sons whoran away from their rich father in order to become hermits at this spot. After both sons passed away, their father donated money to build a temple and a sculpture, which was dedicated to both the hermits. The sculpture is currently enshrined in the temple area. 

The Dharma Hall or Tripitaka Hall was established in 1927. Phra Kru Pan Photigo and his pupils in cooperated to build the Tripitaka Hall. Pho Nhanpan Chaiyachompu was the construction engineer. The Hall is built with all golden teak wood with a raised floor and a terrace surrounding outside and delicate wood carved railing. The Hall is used to kept the Buddhist scriptures such as the Chadok (The Jataka Tales), and other dharma information. People in the past believed that Dharma scriptures were holy and sacred. Thus, they deserved to be respected and honored for worship and kept in high places. 

This Tripitaka hall has two entrance doors in the front and back. The ceiling is decorated with painting of stars which are now in a dilapidated condition. The wooden pediment is delicately wood carve of floral motifs with Chinese mirror inlaid decoration.