วัดชลธาราสิงเห

วัดชลธาราสิงเห

ที่ตั้ง หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลเจ๊ะเห อำเภอตากใบ จังหวัดนราธิวาส 

สถาปนิก/ผู้ออกแบบ - 

ผู้ครอบครอง วัดชลธาราสิงเห 

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2403 

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2543 

ประวัติ 

วัดชลธาราสิงเห เดิมชื่อวัดเจ๊ะเห ก่อตั้งขึ้นเมื่อปี พ.ศ. 2403 รัชสมัยพระบาทสมเด็จพระจอมเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว โดยพระครูโอภาสพุทธคุณ (หลวงพ่อพุฒ) วัดนี้มีชื่อเรียกอีกอย่างหนึ่งว่า “วัดพิทักษ์แผ่นดินไทย” กล่าวคือเนื่องจากสัญญาปักปันเขตแดนระหว่างสยามกับมลายูของอังกฤษในรัชกาลที่ 5 เมื่อ ร.ศ. 127 (พ.ศ. 2452) ไทยต้องยกดินแดน 4 รัฐมลายู ได้แก่ ไทรบุรี กลันตัน ตรังกานู และปะลิส ให้แก่อังกฤษเพื่อแลกกับสิทธิสภาพนอกอาณาเขต ซึ่งตากใบก็เป็นส่วนหนึ่งของกลันตันที่ไทยจะต้องเสียไป แต่ไทยอ้างว่า ตากใบเป็นดินแดนไทยโดยแท้เนื่องจากมีวัดไทย คือวัดชลธาราสิงเหและชาวพุทธอยู่มาก จึงมิอาจนับเป็นดินแดนมลายูได้ ซึ่งอังกฤษก็ยอมรับด้วยศิลปกรรมและสถาปัตยกรรมในวัดนี้บ่งบอกความเป็นไทยชัดเจน อำเภอตากใบจึงยังคงอยู่ในเขตแดนไทยสืบมาจนทุกวันนี้ 

ภายในบริเวณวัดมีศิลปะสถาปัตยกรรมที่งดงามน่าชม และมีภูมิทัศน์ที่สวยงามเพราะตั้งอยู่ริมแม่น้ำตากใบ สำหรับอาคารที่สำคัญได้แก่ พระอุโบสถ สร้างในปีพ.ศ. 2416 รัชสมัยพระบาทสมเด็จพระจุลจอมเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว ภายในมีจิตรกรรมที่งดงามฝีมือช่างชั้นครู เป็นเรื่องพุทธประวัติ ไตรภูมิ และเทพชุมนุม

กุฏิที่สำคัญ ได้แก่กุฏิเจ้าอาวาส กุฏิพระครูวิมลสถาปกิจ และกุฏิสิทธิสารประดิษฐ์ ซึ่งกรมศิลปากรได้จัดเป็นพิพิธภัณฑ์วัดชลธาราสิงเห เมื่อ 2543 กุฏิดังกล่าวเป็นสถาปัตยกรรมไทยพื้นถิ่นใต้ ผสมผสานอิทธิพลจีนและมลายู ตกแต่งอย่างสวยงามด้วยไม้แกะสลักและภาพเขียนสี อาคารอื่นๆ เช่นหอระฆัง หอพระนารายณ์ เจดีย์ พระพุทธไสยาสน์ ล้วนแล้วแต่มีคุณค่าซึ่งทางวัดก็ได้ตะหนัก อาคารและปูชนียวัตถุจึงได้รับการดูแลรักษามาอย่างต่อเนื่อง โดยความร่วมมือของกรมศิลปากร

Wat Chontharasinghe 

Location Mu 3, Tambon JeHe, Amphoe Tak Bai, Narathiwat Province 

Architect/Designer Unknown 

Proprietor Wat Chontharasinghe 

Date of Construction 1860 AD 

Conservation Awarded 2000 AD 

History 

Wat Chontharasinghe was originally called “Wat Je he”. It was established in 1860 AD, By Phra Khru Opatphutthakhun. This temple is also called “Wat Phitthak Phaen Din Thai” (Protector of Thai Territory Temple), according to history during King Rama V’s reign. At that time, Thailand was obliged to give 4 Malay states to England as an exchange for Extraterritorial Rights. Takbai, where the temple is located, was part of one of the states to be given, however Thailand quoted that the town was in Thai territory as seen in the evidence of a Thai temple, Wat Chontharasinghe, and a large Buddhist community. England accepted the statement because the arts and architecture of this temple indicated an authentic Thai style. Thus Amphoe Takbai is protected and is still in the Thai territory until the present day. 

The temple ground is located with several masterpieces of arts and architecture. Some of the most important are the Ubosatha or ordination hall built on 1873. The interior is decorated with beautiful mural paintings by masters of the Southern School. The paintings depict the life of the Buddha, the Three Worlds, and the congregations of heavenly beings. 

There are also beautiful monks’ residences, which are the Abbot’s Residence, Phra Khru Wimonsathapanakit Residence, and Sitthisanpradit Residence, which is now rehabilitated as a museum since 2000. The buildings are Southern Thai architecture with some influences of Chinese and Maly, decorated with woodcarvings and mural paintings. Other buildings such as Bell Tower, Phra Narai Hall, pagoda, and Reclining Buddha’s Hall, are of high artistic value that the temple is aware of and has maintained and conserved them with care until today.