ศาลเจ้าแสงธรรม (เต่งกองต๋อง)

ศาลเจ้าแสงธรรม (เต่งกองต๋อง)

ที่ตั้ง 9/5 ถนนพังงา อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดภูเก็ต

สถาปนิก/ผู้ออกแบบ -

ผู้ครอบครอง มูลนิธิศาลเจ้าแสงธรรม

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2434

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2540

ประวัติ

ศาลเจ้าแสงธรรม หรือศาลเจ้าเต่งกองต๋อง เป็นอาคารชั้นเดียวสถาปัตยกรรมจีน โครงสร้างผนังรับน้ำหนัก โครงหลังคาไม้มุงกระเบื้องดินเผา ก่อสร้างมาตั้งแต่สมัยรัชกาลที่ 5 ในปี พ.ศ. 2434 โดยชาวจีนฮกเกี้ยน แซ่ตัน สายสกุลหล่วนแจ้ ซึ่งขณะนั้นหลวงอำนาจนรารักษ์ (ตันค้วด) เป็นหัวหน้าสายสกุล ได้ริเริ่มการก่อสร้างศาลนี้ขึ้นเป็นที่สักการะบูชาพระโพธิสัตว์ และเทพเจ้าต่างๆ ตามความเชื่อของชาวจีน อีกทั้งเป็นที่พบปะสังสรรค์ระหว่างญาติมิตร

เมื่อการก่อสร้างศาลแล้วเสร็จ มีผู้มอบรูปเคารพต่างๆ อาทิ พระแม่กวนอิมมหาโพธิสัตว์ อองสุ้นต่ายส่าย ตันเส่งอ๋อง กวนอู ฯลฯ มาประดิษฐานไว้ยังศาลนี้ รูปเคารพต่างๆดังกล่าว เป็นสิ่งที่ชาวจีนในสมัยบุกเบิกนำติดตัวมาระหว่างเดินทางมาตั้งตัวที่เมืองไทย ต่อมาจึงได้บริจาคให้เป็นสมบัติของศาลถือเป็นการช่วยสนับสนุนให้ศาลเจริญรุ่งเรือง ส่วนเครื่องเรือนและสิ่งประดับตกแต่งศาลก็มีวันเดือนปัสลักไว้เป็นหลักฐาน ทำให้กราบถึงอายุของศาลได้ชัดเจน ผนังภายในมีการตกแต่งด้วยจิตรกรรมหมึกจีนเป็นเรื่องในพงศาวดาร “ซิยิ่นกุ้ย” และภาพเทพเจ้าต่างๆ ที่ยังมีความสมบูรณ์

ทางเข้าของศาลเคยถูกปิดไปโดยไม่ทราบสาเหตุที่แน่ชัด ทำให้การใช้สอยขาดช่วง ศาลจึงชำรุดทรุดโทรม จนเมื่อวันที่ 11 กุมภาพันธ์ 2538 ได้มีพิธีเปิดประตูศาลเจ้าอีกครั้ง จากนั้นจึงมีการบูรณะใหญ่ในปี 2542 เพื่อฉลองครบรอบ 109 ปีศาลเจ้าเต่งกองต๋อง ในเดือนกุมภาพันธ์ 2543

 

Ordination Hall, Wat Supattanaram Worawihan

Location 1 Supat Road, Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Mueang, Ubon Ratchathani Province

Architect/Designer Luang Sathitnimmankan (Chuan Supiyaphan)

Proprietor Wat Supattanaram Worawiham

Date of Construction 1920 AD.

Conservation Awarded 1997 AD.

History

Wat Supatthanaram Worawihan is a royal temple and the first temple of Thammayutika sect in Northeastern Region. The temple was established in the reign of King Rama IV, the founder of Thammayutika sect, according to his wish to disseminate the new sect in the Northeastern. Consequently, a committee of monks in Ubon Ratchathani, leading by Phra Phrom Ratchawongsa, was assigned to look for a new temple location and an area by the pier, convenient for both monks and laypeople, was chosen. The temple was then constructed there and named “Wat Supat”, meaning “good pier”

An important building in the compound is the Ubosatha, or Ordinary Hall constructed in 1920, the reign of King Rama VI, designed by Luang Sathitnimmankan (Chuan Supiyaphan), a royal architect. Construction and decoration took longer than 10 years to complete, however, after completion in 1935, the temple was re-established as a royal temple and was named “Wat Supattanaram Worawihan” as it is known today.

The Ordination Hall is a large structure of 20 metres in width, 34 metres in length, and 22 metres in height. Architectural feature is a combination of Thai, Khmer, and Western style. The Pediment is decorated with stucco depicting a pagoda surrounded by foliage motifs. A significant Buddha’s image, Phra Sapphanyuchao in enshrined in this hall. Other important sacred objects which belong to this temple are the Buddha’s relics and Phra Kaew Khao, for which worshipping ceremony is held every New Year.