อาคาร 100 ปี โรงเรียนซางตาครู้สคอนแวนท์

อาคาร 100 ปี  โรงเรียนซางตาครู้สคอนแวนท์ 

ที่ตั้ง เลขที่ 146 ถนนเทศบาลสาย 1 แขวงวัดกัลยาณ์ เขตธนบุรี กรุงเทพมหานคร

ผู้ครอบครอง โรงเรียนซางตาครู้สคอนแวนท์

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ.2461

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2551

ประวัติ

โรงเรียนซางตาครู้สคอนแวนท์ถือกำเนิดในปี พ.ศ. 2449 โดยพระสังฆราชฌอง หลุยส์ เวย์ (Jean Louis Vey) ได้จัดสร้างโรงเรียนและมอบให้คณะภคินีเซนต์ปอล เดอ ชาร์ตร (Soeurs de Saint Paul de Chartres) เป็นผู้ดำเนินการ เดิมโรงเรียนตั้งอยู่ริมแม่น้ำเจ้าพระยา บริเวณกุฎิจีน ตำบลวัดกัลยาณ์ ฝั่งธนบุรี ระยะแรกจัดการเรียนการสอนวิชา ภาษาฝรั่งเศส ภาษาอังกฤษ และศิลปหัตถกรรม โดยรับนักเรียนทั้งชายและหญิง ต่อมากิจการของโรงเรียนเจริญก้าวหน้ามากขึ้น จึงย้ายโรงเรียนจากริมแม่น้ำมาอยู่ในบริเวณปัจจุบันในปี พ.ศ. 2461 โดยมีอาคาร 100 ปีหรืออาคารเยซู สร้างแล้วเสร็จในปี พ.ศ. 2461 เป็นอาคารแรก ต่อมาในช่วงปี พ.ศ. 2484 – 2487 ซึ่งเป็นช่วงสงครามโลกครั้งที่ 2 เป็นผลให้โรงเรียนต้องปิดการเรียนการสอนลงชั่วคราว และในปี พ.ศ. 2485 เกิดน้ำท่วมใหญ่ในโรงเรียนทำให้ ตัวอาคาร 100 ปี ได้รับความเสียหายอย่างมาก จึงมีการปรับปรุงมาอย่างต่อเนื่องหลายสมัย โดยเฉพาะในสมัยของเซอร์มารี กอแรตรี สุมล ไผ่ทอง อธิการิณีคนที่ 14 ได้ปรับปรุงอาคารและให้เป็นสถานที่เรียนของนักเรียนอนุบาล

อาคาร 100 ปีเป็นอาคารไม้ทั้งหลัง 3 ชั้น สถาปัตยกรรมแบบโคโลเนียล ภายในอาคารเป็นห้องโถง ด้านข้างทั้ง 2 ฝั่ง เป็นบันไดทางขึ้น ด้านหน้าเป็นระเบียงมีหลังคาคลุมมีแผง ไม้ฉลุลายที่สวยงาม

อธิการิณีท่านปัจจุบันคือ เซอร์สแตลลา นิลเขต ได้พัฒนาปรับปรุงอาคารอีกครั้งหนึ่งในวาระครบรอบ 100 ปี ของโรงเรียนและเปลี่ยนอาคาร 100 ปี จากอาคารเรียนของนักเรียนชั้นอนุบาลให้เป็น ศูนย์การเรียนรู้โรงเรียนซางตาครู้ส คอนแวนท์ ซึ่งมีการจัดแสดงเรื่องราวต่างๆ เป็นสื่อการสอนที่มีจุดประสงค์เพื่อให้นักเรียนของโรงเรียนเกิดทักษะแห่งการเรียนรู้ที่ยั่งยืน

The 100 Years Memorial Building of Santa Cruz Convent School

Location 146 Thatsaban Sai 1 Road, Khwaeng Wat Kanlaya, Khet Thonburi, Bangkok

Proprietor Phakinee St. Paul de Chatthra

Date of Construction 1918

Conservation Awarded 2008

History

Santa Cruz Convent School was founded in 1906 by a supreme patriarch named Jean Louis Vey. He founded the school and entrusted Phakinee St. Paul de Chatthra to manage the school. The school, formerly located on Chaophraya Riverside in Wat Kanlaya, Thonburi.provided only courses of French, English and handicrafts in the beginning. There were only 20 male and female students. As the school gradually became more successful, it was moved to the present location in 1918. The first Building in the new location is a 3 - storey building.

The 100 Years Memorial Building or Jesus Building was completed in 1918. Entirely built from wood, it consists of 3 storey with a hall inside the building with 2 stairways on both sides of the building. In front of the building is a veranda covered with wood roof carved into very beautiful patterns.

The school was closed during World War II (1941-1944) and after World War II (in 1942), big floods destroyed the 100 Years Memorial Building. For this reason, the school had been repaired for years, especially in the time of Sir Maria Goratte Sumon Phaitong, the fourteenth headmaster. She improved the building and transformed it into a kindergarten. Eventually, Sir Stella Nilkhat, the present headmaster, had the building restored again tocommemorate the 100 years anniversary. The 100 Years Memorial Building was changed into the “LearningCenter of Santa Cruz Convent School” which displays several effective teaching media tools to develop thestudents enrichment and knowledge skills.