อาคารหมายเลข 4 ธนาคารแห่งประเทศไทย

อาคารหมายเลข 4 ธนาคารแห่งประเทศไทย

ที่ตั้ง ธนาคารแห่งประเทศไทย ถนนสามเสน แขวงวัดสามพระยา เขตพระนคร กรุงเทพมหานคร

สถาปนิก / ผู้ออกแบบเอมิลโย โจวันนี อูเจนโย กอลโล และโมเรสกี

ผู้ออกแบบอนุรักษ์บริษัท นนท์ - ตรึงใจ สถาปนิกและนักวางผัง จำกัด โดย ไพศาล พูลสินบูรณะกุล และ ปองขวัญ สุขวัฒนา ลาซูส

ผู้ครอบครอง ธนาคารแห่งประเทศไทย

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2460

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2547

ประวัติ

อาคารหมายเลข 4 ธนาคารแห่งประเทศไทย เดิมเป็นเรือนของหม่อมลม้าย ในสมเด็จพระเจ้าบรมวงศ์เธอ กรมพระยา เทวะวงศ์วโรปการ เป็นอาคารหนึ่งในวังเทวะเวสม์ซึ่งพระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฎเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว รัชกาลที่ 6 ทรงโปรดเกล้า โปรดกระหม่อมให้สร้างขึ้นเพื่อพระราชทานแก่สมเด็จพระเจ้าบรมวงศ์เธอ กรมพระยาเทวะวงศ์วโรปการ ต้นราชสกุลเทวกุล การก่อสร้างวังเทวะเวสม์เริ่มสร้างขึ้นในปี พ.ศ. 2457 และได้มีการก่อสร้างตำหนักใหญ่สำหรับเป็นที่ประทับของสมเด็จพระเจ้า บรมวงศ์เธอ กรมพระยาเทวะวงศ์วโรปการ รวมทั้งที่พำนักของหม่อมต่างๆ อีกทั้งพระโอรสพระธิดา อีก 7 หลัง คือ เรือนหม่อมพุก เรือนหม่อมลม้าย เรือนหม่อมปุ่น เรือนหม่อมจันทร์ ตำหนักพระโอรสธิดาประสูติแต่หม่อมพุก ตำหนักหม่อมเจ้าปรีดิเทพย์พงษ์ และเรือนแพ สำหรับเป็นที่อยู่ของหม่อมใหญ่

เรือนหม่อมลม้ายได้รับการออกแบบโดยนายเอมิลโย โจวันนี อูเจนโย กอลโล (Emilio Giovanni Eugenio Gollo) นายช่างวิศวกรกรมสุขาภิบาล ชาวอิตาลี กับนายโมเรสกีออกแบบอาคาร โดยนายกอลโลเป็นผู้ควบคุมการก่อสร้างซึ่งเริ่ม ในเดือนสิงหาคม พ.ศ.2460 แล้วเสร็จในปี พ.ศ. 2461 ลักษณะทางสถาปัตยกรรมของเรือนหม่อมลม้ายเป็นแบบขนาดส่วนห้า คือ ตึกที่แบ่งห้องพักอาศัยออกเป็น 5 ส่วน กว้าง 8 เมตร ยาว 44 เมตร ตึกหม่อมลม้ายเป็นอาคารรูปแบบนีโอคลาสสิคแบบนีโอปัลลาเดียน (Neo Palladian) 3 ชั้น จุดเด่น คือ มุขจั่ว 3 จั่ว ยื่นจากหลังคา ชั้นล่างผนังส่วนใหญ่ทึบ ภายในแบ่งเป็นห้อง ชั้น 2 มีระเบียงรอบ เสาระเบียงเป็นเสาคู่ หัวเสาไอโอนิค ลูกกรงระเบียงปูนปั้น ชั้น 3 เป็นประตูเปิดออกสู่ระเบียงลูกกรงปูนหล่อโปร่งอาคารมีขนาดใหญ่ ลักษณะมั่นคงสง่างาม อย่างไรก็ตาม หม่อมลม้ายมิได้มีโอกาสพำนักที่นี่เพราะท่านถึงแก่กรรมเมื่อวันที่ 20 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2460 ก่อนที่ตึกจะสร้างเสร็จ แต่ตึกนี้ก็ได้เป็นที่ประทับของพระโอรสธิดาที่ประสูติแต่หม่อมลม้าย ได้แก่

 

Building No. 4, Bank of Thailand (Tuek Mom Lamai)

Location Bank of Thailand, Samsen Road, Khwaeng Wat Samphraya, Khet Phra Nakon, Bangkok

Architect / Designe Emilio Giovanni Eugenio Gollo and Moreschi

Conservation Designer Nond - Trungjai Architects, Planners Co., Ltd. by Phaisan Punsinburanakul and Pongkwan Sukwattana Lassus

Proprietor Bank of Thailand

Date of Construction1917

Conservation Awarded 2004

History

Building No. 4, Bank of Thailand was located within Thewawet Palace and was previously a residence of Mom Lamai, one of H.R.H. Prince Krommaphraya Thewawongwaropakan’s wives. The palace was constructed by an order of King Rama VI to be a residence of H.R.H. Prince Krommaphraya Thewawongwaropakan, the first Minister of Foreign Affairs who has been honoured as “Father of Foreign Affairs in Thailand” and the founder of Thewakun royal family. The construction was commenced in 1914. The palace, when first completed, comprised a Main Building (Tamnak Yai) for H.R.H. the Prince and other 7 buildings for his consorts and children, including Mom Lamai’s residence.

This residence was designed by Mr. Emilio Giovanni Eugenio Gollo, an Italian engineer in the Sanitary Department, and Mr. Moreschi.

The construction, controlled by Mr. Gollo, was started in August 1917 and completed one year later. Tuek Mom Lamai is a 5-bayed building, 8 x 44 metres, with Neoclassic architecture of Neo Palladian style. The building is 3-storey signified by 3 dormers projected from the roof. The ground floor features mostly solid walls enclosing several rooms inside. The second floor is open and surrounded by balconies with double Ionic columns and stucco balustrades. The third floor has doors leading to balconies surrounded with balustrades as well. The building is large and dignified. However, Mom Lamai did not have an opportunity to live there since she passed away before its completion. Tuek Mom Lamai; therefore, became the residence of her sons and daughters namely, Mom Chao Kandapha, Mom Chao Tisakon, and Mom Chao Surawutthiprawat. After H.R.H. Prince Krommaphraya Thewawongwaropakan’s demise in 1923, Thewawet Palace was inherited to Thewakun heirs. Ministry of Public Health has later purchased the property and converted to the Ministy’s office. Bank of Thailand became the following proprietorand constantly renovated Tuek Mom Lamai, Tamnak Yai and the rest buildings until present.