สำนักงานการท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทย ภาคใต้เขต 2 ภาคใต้ตอนล่าง

สำนักงานการท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทย ภาคใต้เขต 2 ภาคใต้ตอนล่าง

ที่ตั้ง สนามหน้าเมือง ถนนราชดำเนิน อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดนครศรีธรรมราช

สถาปนิก/ผู้ออกแบบ -

ผู้ครอบครอง กรมธนารักษ์

ปีที่สร้าง ช่วง พ.ศ. 2469

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2537

ประวัติ

สำนักงานการท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทย ภาคใต้เขต 2 ภาคใต้ตอนล่าง ตั้งอยู่ในอาคารยุครัชกาลที่ 7 เป็นอาคารก่ออิฐถือปูนชั้นเดียว หลังคาทรงมะนิลามุงกระเบื้อง ประดับไม้ฉลุเป็นรูปโค้งระหว่างเสา มีมุขทางด้านหน้า หลังคามุขเป็นทรงจั่ว ที่หน้าจั่วมุขประดับลายปูนปั้นรูปพระเจดีย์วัดมหาธาตุนครศรีธรรมราช รูปแบบสถาปัตยกรรมได้รับอิทธิพลตะวันตกในแบบนีโอปัลลาเดียน อาคารหลังนี้เดิมเป็นสโมสรข้าราชการ สร้างขึ้นโดยความริเริ่มของหลวงรามประชานายกสโมสรข้าราชการในสมัยนั้น ได้จัด “งานเดือนสิบ” ขึ้นเพื่อหารายได้มาสร้างอาคารหลังนี้ขึ้นแทนอาคารสโมสรหลังเดิมที่ชำรุด และสร้างเสร็จในปี พ.ศ.2469 ตรงกับสมัยรัชกาลที่ 7 โดยใช้ชื่อว่า “ศรีธรรมราชสโมสร” หลังจากใช้เป็นสโมสรข้าราชการจังหวัดนครศรีธรรมราชมาช่วงหนึ่ง อาคารนี้ก็ถูกทิ้งร้าง จนกระทั่งปี พ.ศ. 2535 การท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทยได้ขอเช่าจากกรมธนารักษ์เพื่อใช้เป็นสำนักงาน จึงได้มีการบูรณะซ่อมแซมโดยต่อเติมพื้นที่ไปทางด้านหลัง ส่วนรูปหลังคา รายละเอียดการตกแต่ง และช่องเปิดต่างๆ ได้ทำเลียนแบบของเดิม จากนั้นก็มีการซ่อมแซมบางส่วนที่ชำรุด และเพิ่มเติมอุปกรณ์อาคารในปี พ.ศ. 2540 และ 2544

 

Tourism Organization of Thailand 2nd Regional Office

Location Sanam Na Mueang, Ratchadanoen Road, Amphoe Mueang, Nakhon Si Thammarat Province

Architect/Designer Unknown

Proprietor Treasury Department

Date of Construction circa 1926 AD

Conservation Awarded 1994 AD

History

Tourism Organization of Thailand 2nd Regional Office, Lower Southern Region is housed in a building of King Rama VII period. It is a brick masonry building with single story, gabled-hip roof. Each bay of columns is fitted with fretwork arch. The front porch is gabled roof, decorated with stucco depicting the Pagoda of Wat Mahathat Nakhon Si Thammarat at the pediment. The architecture is influenced by Neo-Palladian style

The building was originally the Nakhon Si Thammarat Civil Servant Club. It was built by initiation of Luang Rampracha, the President of the Club who organized a fund raising event to build this clubhouse to replace the old and much deteriorated clubhouse. The construction was completed in 1926, the reign of King Rama VII and the build was named “Si Thammarat Samoson”

After being used as a clubhouse for a period of time, this building was deserted until Tourism Organization of Thailand rented it from The Treasury Department in 1992, then repairs and extensions were carried out to rehabilitate the building as an office. Nevertheless, the original style has been conserved in most part, with additions only as necessary.