กองบัญชาการกองทัพบก

กองบัญชาการกองทัพบก

ที่ตั้ง ถนนราชดำเนินนอก กรุงเทพฯ

สถาปนิก/ผู้ออกแบบ -

ผู้ครอบครอง กองทัพบก

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2452

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2530

ประวัติ

อาคารกองบัญชาการกองทัพบก ถนนราชดำเนินนอกนั้น เดิมเป็นอาคารโรงเรียนนายร้อยชั้นมัธยม สร้างเสร็จในปี พ.ศ 2452 พระบาทสมเด็จพระจุลจอมเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัวได้เสด็จพระราชดำเนินทรงประกอบพิธีเปิดเมื่อวันที่ 25 ธันวาคม ร.ศ. 128 (พ.ศ. 2452) อาคารนี้เป็นสถาปัตยกรรมนีโอปัลลาเดียน เป็นอาคารสองชั้นหลังคาปั้นหยา มีมุขหน้าสูง 3 ชั้นอยู่กึ่งกลางอาคาร หน้าจั่วมุขประดับตราประจำพระองค์พระบาทสมเด็จพระจุลจอมเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว (พระเกี้ยว) ที่มุขทั้ง 3 มีซุ้มโค้งทั้ง3 ซุ้ม คั่นด้วยเสาอิง ผนังถอยข้าไปอยุ่หลัวแนวซุ้ม หลังจากโรงเรียนนายร้อยทหารบกได้ย้ายไปที่เขาชะโงกแล้ว อาคารนี้ได้ปรับใช้เป็นกองบัญชาการกองทัพบกต่อมา

 

Royal Thai Army Headquarters

Location Ratchadamnoen Road, Bangkok

Architect/Designer Unknown

Proprietor Royal Thai Army

Date of Construction 1909 AD

Conservation Awarded 1987 AD

History

The Royal Thai Army Headquarters was originally built in 1909 AD as a Military School. King Rama V presided over the Opening Ceremony on 25th December, 1987. The Building is neo-Palladian style, two-storey with hipped roof, accentuated by a 3 storey porch at the middle front facade. The porch is gable roof, decorated with the emblem of King Rama V in the pediment, and each storey comprises 3 round arches alternated with superimposed pilaster. The walls are set behind the arches. After the Military School moved to Khao Cha-ngok the building has been used as the Royal Thai Army Headquarters until the present day