ศาลากลางภูเก็ต

ศาลากลางภูเก็ต

ที่ตั้ง 5 ถนนนริศร ตำบลตลาดใหญ่ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดภูเก็ต

สถาปนิก/ผู้ออกแบบ -

ผู้ครอบครอง สำนักงานปลัดกระทรวงมหาดไทย

ปีที่สร้าง พ.ศ. 2456

ปีที่ได้รับรางวัล พ.ศ. 2525

ประวัติ

ศาลากลางจังหวัดภูเก็ตเป็นอาคาร 2 ชั้น สถาปัตยกรรมแบบโคโลเนียล หันหน้าทางทิศใต้ผังรูปสี่เหลี่ยมผืนผ้า ล้อมรอบลานโล่ง 2 ลาน ไม่มีหลังคาคลุม ซึ่งเป็นลักษณะการวางผังที่ได้รับอิทธิพลสถาปัตยกรรมจีน ทั้งชั้นบนและชั้นล่างมีระเบียงโดยรอบ มีแผงกันแดดบานเกล็ดไม้ที่เหมาะกับภูมิอากาศร้อน ฝนตกชุกของภูเก็ต การตกแต่งอาคารเป็นไม้ฉลุที่ส่องแสง และมุมเสาอาคารนี้เดิมมีแต่ประตู 99 บาน ไม่มีหน้าต่าง ต่อมาจึงมีการต่อเติมหน้าต่าง 2 บาน ที่มุขด้านหลังที่สนามด้านหน้าอาคารประดิษฐานพระบรมราชานุสาวรีย์พระบาทสมเด็จพระจุลจอมเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว อาคารหลังนี้ได้ก่อสร้างขึ้นโดยดำริของพระยารัษฎานุประดิษฐ์มหิศรภักดีสมุหเทศาภิบาลมณฑลภูเก็ต ท่านได้กำหนดให้บริษัททุ่งคาคอมเปาด์ก่อสร้างอาคารแลกเปลี่ยนกับการอนุญาตให้ประทานบัตรในการขุดแร่ ท่านได้ถึงแก่อนิจกรรมก่อนการก่อสร้าง แต่การก่อสร้างยังคงดำเนินไปจนแล้วเสร็จและพระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฎเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัวเสด็จไปเป็นองค์ประธานในพิธีเปิดในคราวเสด็จประพาสภูเก็ตครั้งที่ 2 เมื่อวันที่ 22 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2460 อาคารนี้ได้ใช้เป็นศาลากลางจังหวัดมาโดยตลอดและได้รับการดูแลรักษาเป็นอย่างดี

 

Phuket Provincial Hall

Location 5 Narit Road, Tambon Talad, Amphoe Mueang, Phuket Province

Architect/Designer Unknown

Proprietor Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior

Date of Construction 1913 AD

Conservation Awarded 1982 AD

History

Phuket Provincial Hall is a 3-storey building, Colonial style, with rectangular plan that encloses 9 open courts, which is influenced by Chinese architecture. Both floors are surrounded by verandahs on outer and inner sides. Between the varandah columns are fitted with wooden louvres as sun shades. Decorations are wooden fretwork at the light windows and brackets. The original building was with 99 doors, no window, but in later period, 2 windows were added to the back porch. In front of the building, there is a round lawn where the monument of King Rama V is situated. The building was constructed by initiation of Phraya Rasadanupradit (Kho Sim Bi), the Govermor of Monthol Phuket. Thung Kha Compound Co., Ltd. was commissioned to construct the building as an exchange for a mining concession. Phraya Rasdanupradit passed away before the project began, however, the work proceeded until finished and the Hall was officially opened on 22nd April, 1917, presided over by King Rama VI. The building has been used as the Provincial Hall until today, and has been well conserved and maintained as one of Phuket’s historic buildings.